We are looking for multi-disciplinary artists practising theatre, dance, singing, music or poetry, at least 21 years old, Emirati or resident in the UAE. This performing arts project, inspired by the Louvre Abu Dhabi narrative, is based on a partnership between Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority, the Institut français and the French National School of Dramatic Art. TRANCE-FORMS will promote the emergence of an experimental and innovative theatrical group in the UAE.
Please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
"TRANCE-FORMS: Theatre Creation" performing arts project, inspired by the Louvre Abu Dhabi narrative, is based on a partnership between Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority, the Institut français and the French National School of Dramatic Art. This performing arts project will promote the emergence of an experimental and innovative theatrical group in the UAE.
TRANCE-FORMS will unravel in two phases:
• Intensive master-class training in Abu Dhabi, from 29 November to 22 December 2016.(flexibility on training dates/timings may be possible, if clashes with professional obligation occur)
• Final artistic production in Abu Dhabi, which will be questioning the contemporary world.
The Theatre master-class-lab will be directed by Marcel Bozonnet, actor, theatre director, former Director of the Comédie-Française and the French National School for Dramatic Art ; as well as from the French National School for Dramatic Art, Caroline Marcadé, dancer, choreographer, theatre director.
• Potential candidates are to supply a resume and any material, visual, audio, text or web support, which epitomises their work, and to send it by email to Ms Amneh Ghanemasali@tcaabudhabi.ae and Ms Sandy Heinich: firstname.lastname@example.org
• A pedagogical advisory group including professionals from UAE and France will review all applications and shortlist candidates will be invited to audition.
• The audition will take place on 12-14 October at Manarat Al Saadiyat.
• During the audition the candidates will be:
-Asked to present a short artistic performance (approx. 3minutes) of his/her choice.
-Interviewed by the jury-May be asked to improvise on a certain topic chosen by the jury.
• Candidates selected to participate in the December training will be sent an email.
TRAINING IN ABU DHABI
• The training will take place from 29 November to 22 December 2016 at Manarat Al Saadiyat in Abu Dhabi.
Weekdays from 16:00-22:00
Weekends from 10:00-18:00
• Flexibility on training dates/timings may be possible, if clashes with professional obligation occur.
TRAINING IN PARIS
• Following the training in Abu Dhabi, candidates will be selected to attend training in Paris and to perform in the final production that will take place in Abu Dhabi.
• The training trip to Paris will take place from 22-26 January 2017 and will be funded by the organisers.
Details to be confirmed.
To be eligible for admission, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be at least 21 years old.
• Be an Emirati or resident in the UAE
• Speak at least one of the following languages: Arabic, French or English
• Practice some kind of artistic activity such as: theatre, dance, singing, music, poetry
• Be available for the entire project duration
• Be willing to go through the audition process
• Be willing and able to go on a discovery and training trip in Paris (during 7-10 days)
• Have a collective spirit.